Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The week that was!

Hi Everybody! I hope your week is going well. The past few days have been very exciting...every day I discover something wonderful in NYC. There is just so much to see, learn, absorb, listen and get lost in. Sharing a few trigger points!
  • My yoga teacher Elena Brower and a few others are doing a Global Yoga class in August. The world's largest yoga class - cost $675,000. Read all about it here. And an excellent reply to this global yoga event here. Would you donate for this event?  
  Source: Indiegogo.com
  • An inspiring story with a very cool product by 2 students from Harvard. It's a soccer ball SOCCKET--that doubles as an eco-friendly portable generator. 
Source: http://unchartedplay.com/howitworks.html
  • I had the opportunity to dine at some really good restaurants, including a Michelin star Indian restaurant. The food was scrumptious!! Read my reviews here: Junoon, Redhead, Delicatessen and The Green Table. Some pictures of the food. 
Veggie Burger at Delicatessen
Mac & Cheese at The Green Table
Lemon Pappardelle at Redhead
Fried Green Tomatoes at The Green Table
  • While walking in NYC I came across a group practicing Capoeira - a Brazilian martial art that combines elements of  dance and music.  It is known by quick and complex moves, using mainly power, speed, and leverage for leg sweeps. Loved it, here is a short video I took. 

                                       

  • Love the concept of Cinemagraph. It's a technique that selectively causes some parts of a photograph moving. Here are some of my favorites by Jamie Beck.
Source: Google.com
  •  I am in heaven when i eat you!! While browsing through the isles of my local Whole foods I  discovered Chocolove. Since then every trip to Whole food means a bar of my favorite Almonds and sea salt chocolate. Its rich and creamy, tasty with every bite. A little bit of salty and crunchy, delicious!  Almonds & Sea Salt is arguably the best out there.

  • Finally 2 more weeks till our trip!! Bonjour Paris!!!
 
                                                 Source: Pinterest

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you CJ (http://foodstoriesblog.com/) for nominating me for the Illuminating Blogger Award for informative illuminating blog content. I am truly honored and excited to be recognized by you and the other.

This award is a great way to discover and recognize each other's talent. For more information on the award, please check the link: http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/