Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Monterey Bay Aquarium

There is something about bright colored fishes that makes me very happy. One of the best aquariums I have ever visited is the Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey. Located on the Cannery Row of the Pacific Ocean shoreline in Monterey CA, this place attracts 1.8 million visitors every year. 

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing exotic fishes of various shapes and sizes. They were beautiful and so special. Some were calm and floating around, others agitated, excited, aggressive and hostile. It was interesting to take a peek into their fishy world.  My favorite section in the aquarium was the special jelly fish exhibition. I was absolutely awestruck by their beauty and exotic types. Each one was unique and so delicate. Floating around in the clear blue water, the orange jelly fishes took my breath away.  It's definitely an exhibition worth seeing, don't miss it! 

Here are some of my favorite pictures from our visit, hope you like them: 










Moon Jelly
Moon Jelly
Moon Jelly
Egg yolk Jelly
Egg Yolk Jelly 
Egg Yolk Jelly
Orange Jelly
Orange Jelly
Orange Jelly
Orange Jellies
Orange Jellies
Orange Jellies
Orange Jelly
Orange Jelly
Crystal Jelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! Mekhy

Unknown said...

Shruti- You have a real knack of capturing beauty with your camera!! Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures!